Frequently Asked Questions
- How many days in advance do I need to place my order?
- There is no required amount of time; however, a week or two works best. If you have a custom design you would like for your event, the more time the better. This way we can make sure that we create the perfect sculpture for you. We have filled orders placed on the same day but this practice is not recommended.
- How long will an ice sculpture last?
- Ice Sculptures indoors typically last between 6 and 8 hours. In hot summer weather sculptures will last 4-6.5 hours outside. The ice sculpture cannot be placed in direct sunlight. The crystal structure will separate after 45 minutes of exposure to UV rays.
- Are there any hidden fees?
- No. We believe that you should get everything you need when you pay for your ice sculpture(s) without being tricked or manipulated into buying "extras". Our sculptures come complete with a drain system and standard lighting (white). Custom orders may require additional fees however. For example, if you want color in the ice, there is a $50(US) charge. Special lighting may cost extra as well. Prior to creating your sculpture you will be given full knowledge of the sculpture and how much it will cost for everything you want. Only when it is approved will we begin to create it.
- Do ice sculptures last outside in the summer time?
- Yes, Ice sculptures look best as they melt. Our ice is made so that there is no air or impurities in it. That is why it is so strong. Even in August or September, heat alone will not ruin our sculptures. As previously stated, sculptuers cannot be placed in direct sunlight.
- Can the sculpture be in sunlight?
- No, Ultra Violet (UV) rays separate the crystal structure of the ice. When these crystals begin to separate the sculpture begins to crack and deteriorate. It only takes 1 hour for there to be noticeable changes in the sculpture. Eventually the sculpture would fall apart.
- Do I have to order sculptures only on the website?
- No, In fact, most of the sculptures we produce are customized sculptures. We regularly create drawings for each client to see and approve of prior to creating your Masterpiece. Feel free to email us any picture, or even a drawing of your own and we will create a Masterpiece tailored to your request. We will not ask for any money, nor start carving your sculpture until you approve the design.
- How accurately can you copy our artwork / logo?
- We use the latest technology in the industry to create sculptures with corporate logos / custom artwork. In order to do this we have a CNC machine (Computer Navigated Cutter) that is accurate to the 1/10,000 of an inch. We can import your logo / artwork directly into our system and copy your logo with 99% accuracy.
- What are the dimensions of a sculpture?
- One block of ice is 40 inches tall, 20 inches wide, and 10 inches thick. This does not mean that every sculpture fits into this box. Most one block sculptures are between 40 and 50 inches tall and 20 to 30 inches wide. We have two size drain pans we use for setting up sculptures on a table. The smaller tray is 27 by 21 inches, and the larger is 41 by 21 inches. We also have self contained centerpiece drain pans that are 12 inches in diameter.
- Does a CNC machine detract from the artistry?
- Absolutely Not! The CNC machine allows us to make cuts that are smaller and more precise as well as create exact replicas of logos. When it comes to our carving, the artistry is still accomplished free hand, with highly skilled labor.
- Do you use molds?
- No. All of our sculptures are partially cut on our CNC machine and then carved by hand.
What type of tools do you use?
- In addition to the CNC machine, we use chainsaws, die grinders with special precision cutting bits, angle grinders, chisels, and heated plates of aluminum.
- How long does it take to make a sculpture?
- Each sculpture is made differently so there is no specific amount of time for a sculpture. Large projects are normally made is separate sections. Due to the diversity of sculptures we create and the amount of projects going on at the same time, carving my take anywhere from a few hours to upwards of three weeks or more.
- Who do we create sculptures for?
- Many of our clients are country clubs, hotels, resorts, restaurants, and event venues. We also have made sculptures for private house parties, bars, and fraternities. No matter what type of party, or the location of your event we can create a sculptures for you.